September 29, 2008

Alaska Women Reject Palin Rally

I received an e-mail "Fwd" today about the Alaska Women Reject Palin rally in Anchorage, Alaska, claiming that it was the largest rally ever in the state of Alaska and that it vastly outnumbered the Welcome Home rally for Sarah Palin (which received all the mainstream media attention). I usually don't believe anything I read in forwarded e-mails, but this was worth checking out.

I found the story in The Huffington Post, verifying everything I had just read. Basically, a bunch of women met over coffee and decided to start a rally against Palin. They posted fliers and notified some of the local media about their plans and had a turnout of close to 1,500 (making this the largest rally ever in Alaska).

Video and images from Mudflats:









So I guess the question I'm trying to ask here is... why did I read this in a forwarded e-mail? Why would Palin's Welcome Home rally receive all the attention while this one's biggest media coverage was an Alaskan blogger?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the respect for Sarah Palin from what I saw of her during the campaign. (I voted for Obama). Yes she is new to politics. I was somewhat impressed with her, gaffs and all. I didn't like the negative aspects of the Republican campaign. Was it her idea ? I am not so sure. My biggest concern is how Alaskans can vote a felon to the Senate. I understand you are the frontier state but this not the wild west anymore. Is Alaksa not ready to be a state yet in the United States?